Events may be submitted to TribeLink and W&M Events for consideration. Information about the difference between an event and an announcement can be found in the guidelines.
Review the guidelines before posting! Submissions that do not adhere to the appropriate parameters may be denied.
Posting Events in W&M Events
- Submitted events must be on behalf of a department, office, program, or university-recognized group or organization and be university-related. Events are reviewed and moderated before appearing on the main calendar.
- Go to http://events.wm.edu/
- Click "Create Event” at the top of the page.
- Enter your event information and be sure to select the “Student Events” category.
- Submitted events are moderated Monday through Friday by a staff member in University Web & Design as long as the university is open.
- Advertisements for events where alcohol will be served must comply with the Alcohol Policy in the Student Handbook.
- Contact University Web & Design at email@example.com if you have questions.
Posting Events in TribeLink
- Only Recognized Student Organizations or W&M Departments with active TribeLink pages are able to post events on TribeLink.
Here are some instructions for submitting Events to TribeLink (pdf)
- Log into TribeLink
- Select Manage, then the Organiation
- Using the left hand menu, select “Events”
- Click “Create Event”
- Make sure the visibility setting is “Anyone in the World” or “Students and Staff at TribeLink” to ensure the event is visible to the public or campus community
- Events submitted in TribeLink are moderated by staff members in Student Engagement and Leadership during regular business hours as long as the university is open. It may take up to 5 business days for the event submission to be approved
- Contact Jennifer Leung, Associate Director of Student Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions